Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Module 4 - Connectivism

My network has changed the way I learn by providing almost instant access to information. In my academic life, I can communicate with students and facilitators alike through discussion thread, chat, and e-mail. In my professional life, I am connected with peers in working groups to solve problems and complete projects. In my personal life, I stay informed about politics, breaking news, and entertainment. I am almost always connected. The smart phone is now a connected device. It is used less for telephonic communication and more for staying connected to the internet.

The digital tools that best facilitate learning for me are search engines, if they can be considered digital tools. And immense amount of information is available anywhere and anytime. Before I owned a connected device, I would have to wait to get home or to work to access the web. Now, if I have my connected device, information is immediately available.

I learn new knowledge when I have questions by asking the people that know about the topic. If that is not possible, I search the web for trustworthy sites. I access the Walden Library for scholarly articles. Simple stated, I ask questions and search.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I want to implement more technology into my instruction, how do you use chat sessions with your students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Daniel,

    As I read your post, I see my professional, academic and educational life about that same as yours. The cell phone is definitely a connected device. I can perform almost all of my task just by using my cell phone. As for retrieving information, I almost all ways use search engines. My favorite is Yahoo because I seem to get the best feedback from them. Since cell phone are now connected, do you see k-12 educational institutions incorporating them in schools?

    ReplyDelete