Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Week 10 - Module 5

https://docs.google.com/presentation/pub?id=1Kg3k4ACAPoZm4qA0bY2RWhTfPUAHbYLEphZQdLGU8bw&start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000

I believe I am about to reach the midpoint on the “static-dynamic continuum.” I am not quite to the midpoint. I am most comfortable with the static tools of yesteryear. But, this term has pushed and pulled me from my comfort zone towards the midpoint. I am getting better with wikis, blogs and discussion boards. I am not using virtual simulations and gaming, multi-user environments, or mind tools at present, but may in the future. But I can begin to move toward the dynamic end of the “static-dynamic continuum” by exploring and experimenting with these technologies, just as I did with wikis, blogs and discussion boards.

5 comments:

  1. Daniel, I like how your tools are clearly labelled static or dynamic. Just make you a bit more uncomfortable, if a tool is dynamic, how can it be used statically? You mention virtual simulations as dynamic. How can a virtual world be used in a static fashion? Example, in the 2008 MOOC, there was a course reading room in SL. Content was there, chairs were there, but users did no remixing. Language Lab runs courses in SL teaching participants foreign languages as they build content. They did a demo during the first VWBPE where I built a very sorry box in Spanish. (It would have been sorry in all languages). Even virtual worlds can be both static and dynamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel,
    I was not able to view your graphic organizer. Will you please check your blog, and upload it again. I am looking forward to seeing your ideas. Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon, I am still a nerd when it comes to this. I don't know what i did wrong. When I initially posted it, it was there. Then you looked at it and it was gone.

      Delete
  3. Hello Daniel, I feel the same way that you do about being more on the static end of the continuum. I am really out of my comfort zone with dynamic technologies and just feel more comfortable with using the static technologies. What issues or things make you uncomfortable about moving towards the dynamic end of the continuum?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan,
    I think your suggession to explore and experiment with dynamic technology is a great one. However one of my biggest obstacle in doing so is that of not being aware of these emerging technology existence. How do you plan on keeping abreast with these developments?

    ReplyDelete